Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bring on the Panic Attacks :(

Maybe not real ones, but panic nonetheless.

I went into school on Monday, and again today to survey the situation and to start moving stuff to my dungeon, I mean auditorium. I totally "get" why I have to be in there, but it's depressing anyway. But that's not the panic. The panic is that I have to go back there in 2 1/2 weeks. I know I'll be fine and adjust when the time comes, but right now, not so much.

The same thing happened to me when I returned from maternity leave. I felt HORRIBLE that I had to leave my 12-week-old baby (which, I should add, is 2 1/2 months, NOT 3, and there is a difference!) while I went to work, but since I carried both of us on my insurance, it was a necessary thing. Once I got back into the swing of things, I did fine, with only minor breakdowns, but I certainly looked forward to summer.

This time is different, though. He's doing so many fun things now. He's practically crawling, I can make him laugh on demand, and he's my little fishy at the swimming pool, among so many other things! At practically 9 months, he's got the best personality ever.

So, here's my resolution...I will no longer be panicking about this. Instead, I will vow to make the most of every. single. day. I still have 18 days left with my guy, and we're going to have SO MUCH FUN! Any mommies up for playdates any time soon? The zoo? The pool? Just chilling at someone's house? I'm game!

1 comment:

  1. I go back 2 weeks from today. :(
    We can get together whenever you want!!

    ReplyDelete