Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School

I have to admit that going back to school has been a little bittersweet. There were definitely people I missed, but I also have to be honest; I'd quit in a heartbeat if I could. In fact, this little lapse in a paycheck I have right now is making me wonder if it's really possible...okay, okay, I'll stop daydreaming now!

This week has been a little insane. We had no real schedule until Tuesday (the day the kids came back to school), the music room is in the auditorium, the "gifted" program shares a room with a special ed. resource room, our lounge is now in a storage closet (we have 2 chairs in there!), and it looks like instrumental music will be in the kitchen. I won't even get started on the Coke machine living in the auditorium until our smaller machine arrives. Okay, maybe I will...it's just SO AWESOME when I'm trying to get 22 first graders to get in a circle to hear "Click, click, click, ka-ching, ka-ching, badumdadadum. Click, click, click." By the way, the click, click, click is the sound of shoes for those wondering ;)

But let's get back to the real reason I started this blog: Brendan. I miss my little monster like crazy. I HATE dropping him off. I think about him all day long. I guess it makes the time I have with him more special.

He's doing so much lately! He's crawling like a maniac all over the house and I'm constantly running to catch him. Usually it's to keep him from our glass table or the dog. Poor Pepper. Makes me laugh to think that at one point I was worried about how Pepper would be with Brendan. Who knew I'd be so concerned with how Brendan would be with Pepper? Pepper has been a rock star, though. He puts up with so much abuse! Brendan is SO CLOSE to pulling up. He gets on his knees and cruises that way, but he just can't get on his feet. In the meantime, I have minor strokes every time he falls down. This happens probably about eleventy billion times a day. I hope that one of these days he's just able to do it so my poor heart can have a rest!

This brings me to picture time!


At the playground- we LOVE the swings!

Our little Elvis baby

Daddy and Brendan being silly with the camera. Brendan's face in this picture cracks me up every time I look at it!

1 comment:

  1. That Elvis-esque outfit is ADORABLE!
    Yay for making through the first week of work!!

    ReplyDelete