Sunday, June 28, 2009

What a Long (almost as long as this post...), Fun Day!

After a night of Brendan deciding that 4:30 was wake up time (who could blame him? He passed out at 6:30 or 7 last night...10 hours of sleep is plenty! Ha!), he finally got fell back to sleep until 7:30, which truly was miraculous! What a nice night sleep for us :)

This is good, because we had a crazy day at the pool planned! We've actually never been to our new pool since it has been redone, so we thought we'd try it out. Well, the day started bad...Chris and I discovered that neither of us have swimsuits that work. They worked a couple years ago (I was pregnant last year, needing none of my swimsuits)...this drives us into diet mode hard core. Ack! So off I go to Old Navy who is having $5 suits this week! I tried on one, but it was slightly too small, so I grabbed a size bigger, a cover up, a couple suits for Chris, eleventy billion other "essentials" and went on my way. Well, I got home to discover that as always, I'm just no size. Lovely. The suit I got had leg holes the size of some potholes here in Chicago, and was ginormous in all the wrong places. Boo. So I finally searched through all of my swim collection again, finally deciding on this purple thing from college. It wasn't great, but it would have to do. Chris actually had to pin the new one I picked for him in two different locations with diaper pins. We're clearly HOT these days....... ;)

2 hours after we were planning on leaving, we left with my sister and her boyfriend, and my parents met us there. The new Rainbow Falls is actually pretty nice! I wouldn't say it's very grown up at all, definitely more kid-friendly, but hey, this is who we are now and I'm frankly very excited about that change! We brought a picnic lunch, which was soooo yummy (perhaps I should have tried my swimsuit AFTER I ate?), and went into the water, which was about super duper cold. Brendan freaked, so it was obvious this wasn't going to go well. But then I found a spot in the zero depth area where I could sit on the ground with him and he felt a little safer. Yeah, until this kid comes over and clogs all the fountain holes in the ground a few feet over, leaving one fountain to spray out of control, all over us. Cue freaked out baby and freaked out mommy. Then the kid ran away...jerk. Okay, clearly it was my fault for sitting in a spot where fountains weren't too far away, so maybe the kid wasn't so much of a jerk after all. ;) Well, we finally found a nice spot where the splashing wasn't too bad and somehow we managed to get Brendan into the water all the way. I think he liked it when he got used to it. It WORE HIM OUT, though.







After the pool, Chris, my sister, her boyfriend, and I decided to play a good game of Bags while Brendan napped. I need to practice for our 3rd of July party on Friday, where we have a psycho tournament. So the first game was Chris and I vs. Meg and Steve. Chris and I won, of course ;), and then we played a second game with Meg and I vs. Chris and Steve. Yeah, we totally won at the last minute! The score at one point was 19-8, but Meg and I came back psycho style and won a million to 19. Again, because I'm awesome like that.

Busy day, and I'm beyond exhausted, but in a good way!

1 comment: