Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure We Have a Ghost

You know, I never really believed in ghosts. Angels, yes, but ghosts...not so much. But I really think we have one. Last night I heard a noise like a pile of papers fell on the floor from a high location or something. Chris was there and heard it too. He said he heard it a couple times yesterday before that as well. Then today it happened again, but this time the dog also heard it and started barking at nothing. Hmmm. I have no explanation!

AnyWAY, some people might remember when I was pregnant that I ate nothing but fruit (who will forget that time I paid $20 for cherries that weren't even that good? Oooooopsies). At the time, this was great. I barely gained any weight (although I did get in trouble for that a couple times...), and I was happy and hydrated. Well, it seems this has traveled forward as Brendan really wants nothing to do with food if it isn't fruit related. I even started with veggies as suggested, but no. He's a fruit addict. Well, he also likes sweet potatoes, but that might have to do with my sweet potato fry addiction during (and after) pregnancy.

Which brings me to my next food issue. Brendan loooooves puffs. He thinks they're just the greatest (especially the aforementioned sweet potato). But he won't pick them up to eat them by himself. He puts everything in his mouth- carpet pieces, paper, fuzzies from my shirt, Pepper fur, just to name some common ones. But not the puffs. He thinks it is great fun to throw them on the floor. Fortunately enough, so does the dog. Pepper is already forgetting his jealousy! But he can't seem to feed himself. Is this something that will come as he gets older?

Also, something to vote on...tomorrow should I make a strawberry cheesecake for dessert for the 4th of July party we're attending, or should I make a German potato salad as a side (not your typical potato salad)?

4 comments:

  1. cheesecake! and then send some to me!!

    that ghost business is freaky!!

    and...remember when i used to say "carrots" and "cauliflower" just to watch you squirm?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. German potato salad. I'm so in the mood for it! MmMmm taters.

    and I love that Pepper has his personal treat supplier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the Munch wouldn't put them in his mouth either. It was so frustrating! Then one day he visited a baby friend, came home, and POOF! Puff in mouth, just like that. By the handful.

    Also, will only eat fruit and sweet potatoes. Although cold cuts are catching on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh this is good to know. Ya think he can teach Brendan how to do this on Tuesday? ;)

    Also, the decision was potato salad! But I may make a cheesecake for fun one of these days anyway.

    ReplyDelete