Friday, June 26, 2009

TGIF!

Hurray for Friday! And especially hurray for being 2/3 of the way done with this summer's grad program! One more week of class in July and I graduate! YAY!

Everyone is finally feeling better here, which is really good news! I have to admit that every time I gave Brendan his bubble gum medicine for his ear infections, I wanted to taste it to see if it was just as good as I remembered. I swear, that was the best part of being sick! I remember getting so excited as my mom took the glorious hot pink bottle out...it was doubly great- it made me feel better AND it was bubble gum medicine! Perhaps tomorrow after Brendan has his last dose I'll just try a drop... ;)

Other great baby things I love: those baby puffs. Especially the sweet potato kind. Total awesomeness! Oh, and my sister found these organic baby cookies at Target as well (Earth's Best). 9 cookies for 90 calories, which is totally great. I now plan to buy them for myself since Brendan is still too small.

Tonight was such a glorious night; nice and warm, but with a beautiful breeze! We took Brendan and Pepper for a walk to the park to celebrate the Cubs' victory over the White Sox. Okay, this isn't exactly true, but we (and by we, I mean Brendan and me) are super excited! Chris doesn't really want to talk about it, of course! HA! At the park Brendan found some new favorite playground equipment (see below) and Pepper only almost ate one little dog for coming too close to Brendan. This was likely because it was the only dog we saw. If there were more, he would have tried to eat more, I imagine. Please excuse the quality of the photos below; they were totally taken with our phones.





Tomorrow's plan involves going to the pool for swimming and lunch! Lots of pics to come! None of me in any swimsuit, though...eeps! I'm afraid to put any of mine on. In fact, I'll probably go out looking for one before we go. Old Navy has theirs on sale for $5-10 and I have a 25% off coupon from the glorious oldnavyweekly.com website. Oops...another little known secret! ;) Enjoy and good luck playing!

Side note: my goal is to have Brendan's first words be "Go, Cubs, Go!" So far, we're not succeeding, but he has a mean "Pbbbbbbtthhhh" with so much enthusiasm that he spits everywhere. In reality, I'm still quite sure his first words will be "Pepper, NO!" I wonder why...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I used to try to get my tongue down in the little medicine dispenser to lick out all the bubble gum goodness!!

    ReplyDelete