Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's a Miracle it Didn't Happen Before Today!

This morning I was doing very well, time-wise. I'm usually running about 5 minutes behind schedule, so the fact that I was 5 minutes AHEAD of schedule was nothing short of a miracle. Add in the fact that today is Chris's day to take Brendan to Katie's and I'm really doing well. I decide to stop at good ol' McDonald's for an orange juice for my ride with my extra time.

I'm sailing and about half-way to school I look in the back seat and see...the car seat. It has simply been too heavy (for months) to keep lugging Brendan around in it, so we generally take him in and out of it. The day before "Chris's Day to take Brendan" I take the car seat out of the car, and yesterday was no exception. However, last night we realized we had like 3 baby wipes left, so we went on a family trip to Buy Buy Baby. Left the car seat in the car, and now we have a dilemma. I call the secretary and tell her the situation. In the end I was 25 minutes late. Honestly, I'm amazed this was the first time it has happened in the 10 months he has been here! That combined with the fact that I forgot that I had to pick up Brendan at the Pavilion today instead of Katie's made it just an annoying day.

Anyway, the little man is getting to be not-so-little. He was playing on the floor and threw one of his stacking cups. I bent down to get it, stood up, turned around, and Brendan is standing on the second step! OHHHHMIGOSHHHH. I immediately get behind him where he scaled all 6 steps by himself. In the past, he got himself kneeling on the bottom step, and then got stuck. Not tonight! And a few minutes later he did it again. He also let go of the couch today where he stood on his own for about 3 seconds. I, of course, lectured him about growing up too fast. He said, "nyeh!" and pushed himself out of my lap where he continued his quest to cruise. I really am VERY proud of him!

If you want to see a funny video, see this youtube. My grandma gave him this weasel ball to play with, and it's pure hilarity. Sorry for the quality...it takes forEVER to upload videos onto blogger and I had to decrease the quality hard core to make it small enough to upload to youtube. It's still pretty funny, though!

2 comments:

  1. BEEN THERE, GIRLFRIEND. Except it happened to me when I was supposed to have an ENTIRE SATURDAY afternoon to myself at Old Orchard. Got all the way there, in the dressing room, cell phone rings. Uh oh. Had to go all the way back home (30 minutes) and couldn't talk myself into going back out there again. Sorry....

    ReplyDelete