Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thank Goodness For Vacation!

Chris, Brendan, and I took a much needed trip to Florida to see my grandmother (Nonny), who has never met Brendan, and my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Coincidentally, my dad and other uncle planned the exact same trip and we had some travel buddies. I have to admit that besides getting to spend some time with them, it was VERY nice to have extra help with Brendan on the airplane! To think that I almost did this over the summer on my own...!

It was SO NICE spending time with everyone! Brendan loves Nonny and she even taught him a new "word!" You see, Brendan just loves her glass coffee table. Actually, he loves the sound it makes when his pounds it (yikes). Every two seconds we were telling him no and redirecting him, I swear! And he laughs when he is told no. Hmm. Not cool. I don't understand why the kids at school know I mean business, but Brendan thinks getting in trouble is hilarious. =/ Anyyyyway. Nonny didn't tell him "no" exactly, but a "nah-ah." So now Brendan says, "nah-ah"as he goes around the house. He does it usually right before he's going to do something he isn't supposed to do, of course!

Brendan and Nonny



Apparently the weather there was cold for the locals. We were feeling great in our shorts and t-shirts, but the Floridians were dressed in jeans, sweatshirts, and Uggs. It really was cute. I especially had to laugh at my cousins Shana and Natalie as they were getting ready to go to the beach with us- they brought their peacoats! Eventually they did take them off, but you'll notice they are still wearing sweaters...

Shana and Natalie


Us



Brendan especially loved the beach! The smile never left his face...even after he ate a handful of sand :)



I also got to spend some time with my cousins- Ollie, Shana, his wife, and his daughter Natalie. I wish they lived closer...we get along so well. Hopefully they will live by us sooner than later!



Somehow I didn't manage to get a picture of my aunt and uncle :( But it was so nice seeing them, as well. She's a teacher in Florida and we discuss the education system a lot. I think I'm going to take up a new cause, though (like I really need ANOTHER cause! LOL)...education in Florida. I found out some pretty unfortunate things about teaching in Florida, but I'll save that for a different post. It truly deserves a separate one.

A few final pics from our trip that I think are important.

Nonny With Her Three Kids- My Uncle, Aunt, and Dad


Our Four Generation Picture!


Our Happy Family

No comments:

Post a Comment