Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm Walkin', Yes Indeed, I'm Walkin'!

Well, not me, but Brendan!!! Actually, he's been "walking" for about a month now, but he actually uses it as his main form of transportation! He's practically running at this point! I'm so proud of him, and at the same time, I miss my little baby! It gives me a little of "the fever" if you know what I mean. ;)

Brendan will be 15 months tomorrow, which just seems so unbelievable to me! His doctor appointment is on Monday, so I'm looking forward to sharing those stats! Here are some other things my buddy is doing right now:

-Walking, of course!
-Helping clean up! This is really only a sometimes, thing. Mostly he makes messes! :)
-Puts together wooden puzzles
-Stacks objects in a tower (he especially likes soup cans for some reason)
-Can put shapes inside shape sorters
-Gives big, wet, sloppy kisses on demand (okay, actually, he's been doing this for the past 4 months, but it really is one of my favorites, so allow me to mention it again!)

I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but these are some highlights!



Now onto something completely unrelated...my grocery budget. I'm not really sure how I'm doing. It's the 11th of the (fortunately very short) month, and so far I have spent $169.34 on groceries. I feel like the house is very well stocked for all the recipes I have been making, so I think I can get by for at least another week without buying anything but fruits and veggies. We'll see! It's a fun game, if nothing else.

Try some of the new things I have made this month!

For the Superbowl- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites!
http://annies-eats.com/2010/02/05/ham-and-cheese-pretzel-bites/

Also for the Superbowl- Pizza Bites!
http://annies-eats.com/2010/02/01/pizza-bites/

Chicken Spaghetti...to be honest, I wasn't sure what I would think, but it was great!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Honey-Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers
http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1086

1 comment:

  1. Re: the fever. I totally get it. Then I visited my friend who has a newborn in addition to her 22 month old. And it killed the fever. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete