Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bebba

is Pepper!

Brendan is finally starting to talk a WEEEEEEE bit! He's still mostly interested in figuring out the walking thing (he can walk across the room when he WANTS to, but usually he just doesn't want to! Crawling is faster for him and this is still his choice roughly 90% of the time).

This morning Chris and I were changing his diaper and then were cuddling with Brendan and Pepper. Chris said, "is that Pepper?" And Brendan said, "Bebba." Coincidence? I then ask him, "Pepper?" and again he said, "Bebba!" Later tonight he actually did walk (almost running, actually) to Pepper and shouted, "BEBBA!" and gave him a kiss and laughed. So I'm pretty sure that's it!

Besides that, not much is going on. I had my gallbladder out last week and it was no biggie, really. I'm healing pretty quickly. I can tell when I do too much (like today...oops) and need to cool it, but for the most part, I feel pretty good. I'm having trouble eating, which is to be expected. I CAN eat the weirdest things like stuffed shells and chili, but CAN'T eat things like baked chicken and salads. There is a silver lining, though! I seem to be losing weight! My pants are all getting too big now, so that's cool!

In fact, I've lost 40 pounds!!! Okay, not so much. Our scale is broken, so it's registering 40 pounds under what I really am...so I'm pretending. I'm not sure if I'll be buying a new one or not. I've gotten used to my dramatic weight loss... :D

2 comments:

  1. Aw! The "pepper" story makes me smile!
    Glad you're feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ped says that their tiny brains can only handle one major development at a time: either walking OR talking. That's why Simon's word count is at 40+ at 17 months...but he didn't walk until almost 15 months. No worries!

    ReplyDelete